As we start off the new year, I would like to thank you for taking the time to keep updated about what’s happening in our town and sharing your input with us.
Below are highlights from last month’s Town Council meeting and a brief rundown of upcoming topics we will be discussing this month.
December 14 Agenda Highlights
- Town Council approved the 2018 town budget totaling $21 million, after pulling out pass-through items such as the gondola, tourism, and museum budgets. This year’s budget includes numerous large-scale investments in our infrastructure, and maintains a healthy reserve of $12 million while simultaneously reducing debt. In fact, residential homeowners can expect a reduction of approximately $800 per $1 million in actual property values as a result of the town paying off debt related to the Telluride Conference Center, Heritage Parking Garage, and the Water & Sewer bonds. Read more about the 2018 budget.
- As part of our ongoing efforts to secure workforce housing, Town Council waived the lottery sales requirement for a deed-restricted unit at Cassidy Ridge and the town is now in the process of purchasing this unit.
- A Conditional Use Permit was approved to allow surface parking on a portion of Lot 161CR. The lot allows for between 28 to 39 parking spaces intended to provide permit parking for businesses in the Village Center and The Ridge at Telluride. Questions arose about ongoing employee parking on Upper Mountain Village Blvd and Council will be discussing that topic separately at the February 15 Town Council Meeting.
- We heard updates Marketing Telluride Inc. and Colorado Flights Alliance. Michael Martelon reported that sales tax figures show that this was our seventh record summer in a row. He anticipates that December occupancy numbers will be down slightly from last year due to low early season snowfall.
- The team in charge of ongoing Wayfinding upgrades provided a project and timeline update.
January 18 Agenda Highlights
- Town Council will consider appointing an alternate member to the Building Board of Appeals.
- The Telluride Regional Airport Authority will present their biannual report to Town Council.
- We will hear an update from the San Miguel Watershed Coalition on the Upper San Miguel Basin Forest Health Landscape Assessment and consider providing a letter of support for a grant application by the San Miguel Watershed Coalition for the Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART Grant Program.
- The Green Team Committee will present their mission statement, guiding principles, and 2018 action plan to Town Council. This committee is made up of council members, town staff, residents, Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association (TMVOA), and Telluride Ski & Golf (TSG) staff.
- Bill Jensen will provide an update on Telluride Ski & Golf’s winter season, the ski resort’s future plans, and the status of the Mountain View Apartments in the Meadows neighborhood.
A full agenda has been posted on our website; we welcome your input by any means you are comfortable with and hope to see you at the meeting.
Mountain Village Mayor