With the fires south of us blowing quite a bit of smoke our way and ongoing severe drought conditions persisting, many of us are growing concerned about how we should be preparing and staying informed in case of an emergency. Linked below is the Town of Mountain Village Emergency and Evacuation Guide and Evacuation Map. Please take some time to review what you can do now to prepare for a possible emergency and possible evacuation routes. In the case of a wildfire, you may need to evacuate quickly, and we want you to be prepared.
It only takes a few minutes to get started today:
- Review the Evacuation Map and Emergency Preparedness Guide – note that an additional evacuation access road has been added on Adams Ranch Road to Hwy 145.
- Sign up for CodeRED alerts
- Build a kit for every member of your household with medications, essential supplies, a change of clothes, chargers, all important documents (e.g. insurance, passport, birth certificates) available for evacuation.
- For more info, please visit our public safety pages on our website.
- For information on current conditions and fire restrictions visit townofmountainvillage.com/current-conditions.
Reminder: All open fires and fireworks are prohibited. In addition, smoking is restricted to enclosed vehicles, buildings, or on paved, hardscape areas. Stage 2 fire restrictions are in effect throughout San Miguel County to include U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Town of Telluride and Mountain Village.
Let’s all do our part to have a fun and safe Fourth of July!
Mountain Village Mayor