It has been another wonderful holiday season here in Telluride and Mountain Village, Colorado. So many great highlights from 2017 including this must see video from local artist, Ryan Bonneau, capturing the best of 2017 in Telluride, courtesy of Visit Telluride. We are looking forward to an incredible 2018 and have many more updates on Ski Area Terrain and January Activities to share with our community. The terrain at Telluride Ski Resort is looking great as we want to extend another huge thank you to Telluride Ski Resort’s snowmaking and grooming teams for all their hard work as they continue to open more terrain this month.
Please take a look at the latest updates to our Ski Area Terrain, January Activities, Dining and Nightlife options!
5 Open Chair Lifts
- 1, 4, 5 & 6 are open for the season
- Middle and Lower Misty Maiden
- 3 Magic Carpets: Beginner, Adult and New Meadows Learning Center Carpet
- Lift 7 is open for mountain access only (no public downloading)
- Ski access from the Gondola Mid-Station
Starting Saturday, January 6
- Ski Access to Telluride (via Telluride Trail to Lookout to Bailout to Telluride Trail)
- Lifts 8 and 9 to open for the season (skier access only)
- Lookout opens, top-to-bottom (from See Forever to Lift 9)
Ski Valet Locations
- Ski Valet at the base of Chair 4 is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Ski Valet at The Peaks Resort is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
All locations are open 7 days a week with normal winter hours:
- Mountain Village: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Coonskin: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Oak Street: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Big Billies: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Telluride Ski & Snowboard is offering all winter products and services. Call (970) 728-7414 for information.
JANUARY ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
Spend the holidays with us, and take in what Mountain Village has to offer during the holidays! With a variety of winter activities and events the Town of Mountain Village will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
- Activities include: Ice Skating, Skiing & Snowboarding, and our free Frozen Fun Pond.
- Upcoming Event highlights include:
For additional information on Telluride and Mountain Village events from December 30 to January 6 visit: Visit Telluride Holiday Events.
All restaurants in Mountain Village are open for the winter including:
- Altezza, Bean Café, Black Iron Kitchen, Crazy Elk Pizza, La Piazza & La Pizzeria, M Club, Poacher’s Pub, Scratch, Siam’s Talay, Starbucks, Telluride Coffee Company, Tomboy Tavern, Tracks Café, Village Table, and The View. View all dining options in Mountain Village and Telluride.
- Allred’s, Alpino Vino, Gorrono Ranch, Bon Vivant, Giuseppe’s, and Big Billies are open with normal winter hours.
- High Camp will open when the Prospect Bowl terrain opens.
TRANSPORTATION BETWEEN TOWN OF TELLURIDE & TOWN OF MOUNTAIN VILLAGE
- Taking the Gondola
To support increased ridership capacity, you may notice some of the new gondola cabins on the line running between Mountain Village and Telluride. Nine new cabins have been added to increase capacity on the Telluride—Mountain Village Gondola by 16% for this winter. Another major upgrade already online is a dual-fuel generator system that’s located at the St. Sophia station that will allow the gondola to run at full speed in the event of a power outage.
- Gondola Hours: 6:30 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday with extended hours until 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Dial-a-Ride Service (Mountain Village Only)
Leave your car at home – Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association (TMVOA) encourages members and their guests to sit back, relax, and let this service drive you to where you want to go. This TMVOA member benefit allows for ground transportation anywhere in Mountain Village, and when combined with the gondola, you can travel locally without ever needing to drive your car.
For quick and convenient access to or from the ski slopes or the village core, most members prefer these three locations:
- Blue Mesa – Located near Sunset Plaza and the top of lift 1. You can walk directly to the village core from here.
- Dakota Place – Located slope-side just above lift 4 along Lower Boomerang. You can ski directly to lift 4 or the village core from here.
- Town Hall – Located here is the market, town offices, and gondola terminal to the village core.
Through the busy holidays and new year, additional vehicles and personnel have been added to support quick service times and a positive experience for our members and their guests.
- Telluride Ski Resort’s Nursery is offering all winter products and services. Call (970) 728-7531 for information.
- Eco Adventures is offering all winter products and services. Call (970) 728-7300 for information.
- The Telluride Adventures Center is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (970) 728-7433 for information.
- The Inn at Lost Creek, The Peaks Resort & Spa, and Telluride Resort Lodging are all open for the season.
- New reservations can be booked over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling Telluride Resort Reservations (855) 517-2906.
- The Spa is open during regular winter hours, 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Call (970) 728-2590 for information.
- The Spa has added 15 extra family-friendly classes to the fitness schedule from December 22 to January 4. To view a full schedule of classes visit, www.thepeaskresort.com/fitness.
Please check back for more updates through the holiday season!