Below are some Town Council meeting highlights from last month and some upcoming topics. As always, I hope you can join us for tomorrow’s meeting or consider sharing your feedback with us about any of these matters.
- Town Council considered an amendment to the expired La Montagne Planned United Development (PUD). After hearing community and Town Council feedback regarding their proposal to develop 49 condominium units and four employee apartments on these lots, the applicant decided to withdraw their application and restart the PUD amendment process.
- We approved a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a public art installation on Lot OSP-49, directly below the gondola line. The artist Tavares Strachan, in conjuction with Ah-Haa School for the Arts, have proposed a temporary art installation that will be visible from the gondola and that will read “We are in this together”. The art installation will be visible May 2020 through November 2021. The project will only be visibly lit during gondola operating hours.
- Town Council heard an initial application by Telluride Ski and Golf (TSG) to rezone and transfer density for the construction of one additional apartment building in the Mountain View Apartment complex. TSG proposed an additional 12 employee apartment units for a total of 42 employee apartment units; however, they have decided to refine their plans and re-present to Town Council in 2020. In 2015, a citizen-initiated ordinance limited the maximum number of units on this lot to 45 total employee apartments.
If you would like more specifics about these topics, you can watch a video of last month’s meeting on the town’s website. November meeting minutes will be posted online after they are approved at tomorrow’s meeting.
December 12 Agenda Topics
- We will vote to approve and adopt the 2020 Budget and revise the 2019 Budget. The 2020 budget can be found at http://bit.ly/MV2020Budget, using the OpenGov Portal. You can also access this tool to take an in-depth review of the town’s past financial reporting, budgeting, and expenses. Stay tuned for a more in-depth email dedicated solely to the 2020 budget, once the budget has been approved.
- Town Council will hear a request by Peaks Property Management to operate a property management office in the pond plaza area of the Village Center. The Village Center Zone District prohibits offices of any kind to be located in a plaza level space that fronts a primary pedestrian route unless a conditional use permit is approved for the use.
- At last month’s meeting, Town Council heard from many residents of Village Court Apartments (VCA) that there was a need for a tenant committee to help the town address new and unmet needs. This week we will reviewdraft guidelines for a new VCA Tenant Committee.
- Town Council will further discuss buildout of VCA Phase IV, including a review of the recently completed VCA Community Survey and a discussion of the VCA Subcommittee Phase IV recommendations.
- The Green Team Committee will present a proposal for an alternate Green Team seat, 2018 Mountain Village Government Energy Use & Green House Gas Report, and consider approving a letter supporting the Commitment to the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy.
- And lastly, we will hear updates regarding the Common Consumption Area, San Miguel Watershed Coalition, Colorado Flights Alliance, and Marketing Telluride Inc (MTI).
A full agenda and packet has been posted on our website; we welcome your input and hope to see you at the meeting.
Mountain Village Mayor