Below are some Town Council meeting highlights from last month and some upcoming topics. As always, I hope you can join us for tomorrow’s meeting or consider sharing your feedback with us about any of these matters.
- Town Council voted, on first reading, to conditionally approve an application by Telluride Ski and Golf (TSG) to rezone and transfer density for the construction of one additional apartment building in the Mountain View Apartment Complex. This project could allow for an additional 12 employee apartment units for a total of 42 units. The conditional approval was contingent on ongoing negotiations related to future Meadows infrastructure improvement plans. This week Town Council will hold a public hearing, hear on second reading, and vote on this ordinance.
- Town Council voted, on first reading, to approve the Design Review Board’s request to amend our current prohibition of Architectural Lighting to allow greater lighting flexibility while still meeting the town’s lighting regulations. The town’s exterior lighting regulations are intended to provide the minimal lighting required for safety and aesthetic standards. Currently, the Community Development Code (CDC) strongly emphasizes the importance of minimal exterior lighting and only using exterior lighting for safety. This week Town Council will hold a public hearing, hear on second reading, and vote on this ordinance.
- We heard reports from the Green Team, Telluride Regional Airport Authority (TRAA), and Village Court Apartments (VCA). Additionally, we head staff reports from the Communications and Business Development Department and the Town Manager.
If you would like more specifics about these topics, you can watch a video of last month’s meeting on the town’s website. January meeting minutes will be posted online after they are approved at tomorrow’s meeting.
- Town Council will appoint a resident to replace Lawrence Crosby’s recently vacated seat on the Telluride Regional Airport Authority (TRAA).
- We will discuss potential amendments to the Community Development Code (CDC) and Comprehensive Plan to simplify, clarify, and correct inconsistencies related to the Planned Unit Development application process (PUD) and Condominium-Hotel development regulations. Since 2013, the town has processed only one PUD application and has not applied the Condominium-Hotel regulations to any new development projects. Based on feedback from the community and potential developers, portions of the Comprehensive Plan and CDC may need to be amended in order to protect the overall vision of the Comprehensive Plan while the CDC lays out a clearer path to achieve those goals.
- Town Council, acting as the Mountain Village Housing Authority, will adopt the Village Court Apartments (VCA) Resident Advisory Committee framework, five VCA residents and one Town Council member to the VCA Resident Committee, and hear the Village Court Apartments (VCA) Monthly Update.
- And lastly, we will consider creating a Council Advisory Committee on Compensation and Benefits. If approved, we will adopt committee bylaws and appoint staff and council committee members. This advisory committee would directly review the town policies related to employee compensation and benefits and provide recommendations to Town Council.
A full agenda has been posted on our website. We welcome your input and hope to see you at the meeting.
Mountain Village Mayor