Due to higher than expected passenger numbers and more establishments opening for the summer, Mountain Village officials have decided to extend gondola hours to midnight effective Wednesday, June 24.
Beginning June 24 the gondola will be run 7 a.m. until midnight daily offering free transportation between Mountain Village and Telluride.
After hours buses will no longer run between Mountain Village and Telluride as of June 24, although the Meadows bus schedule will remain as is.
The following protocols are in place to ensure passengers and staff safety:
- No mask, no ride: per Mountain Village and Telluride ordinance, masks are required on all public transportation at this time for those over the age of 2. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a face covering, please let operators know. Operators will provide a face mask if you don’t have one.
- Cabin occupancy: one person or one associated party at a time will be loaded per cabin.
- Cabin cleanliness: Advanced cabin disinfection methods will be in constant use. Cabins will be disinfected after each passenger disembarks. Cabin windows will be kept open to ensure adequate ventilation.
- Line management: there will be no singles line, and markers will be at each station to maintain social distancing while waiting to board. Operators will maintain a six-foot distance from passengers yet continue to engage with guests.
- Hand sanitizer: hand sanitizers will be available at each station for passengers.
- Recreational equipment: Passengers will be required to load their own recreational equipment, including bicycles and strollers. Please familiarize yourself with the proper use of the exterior bike racks before loading or ask an operator for guidance.
Gondola lines may form throughout the day, but they have moved quickly and appear larger than they are due to physical distancing measures between passengers. To view gondola lines live, web cameras are now streaming from each gondola station live online at www.townofmountainvillage.com/webcams.
For the latest information about the gondola, please visit townofmountainvillage.com/gondola.