Everyone agrees that there is so much to discover when visiting and living in Telluride and Mountain Village, Colorado. With the holiday spirit in the air, we are excited for the many winter activities that take place this time of year. The terrain at Telluride Ski Resort offers something for everyone, and we extend a huge thank you to Telluride Ski Resort’s snowmaking and grooming teams for all their hard work as they continue to open more terrain for the holidays. Here is a beautiful video of the skiing experience at Telluride Ski Resort. Please take a look at the latest updates to our Ski Area Terrain, Holiday Activities, Dining and Nightlife options! Download the Holiday area calendar provided by Visit Telluride [button size="sm" type="primary" target="_blank" link="https://townofmountainvillage.com/media/Holiday-Calendar-and-Guest-Activities-December-30-through-January-6-2018.pdf"] Holiday Calendar & Guest Activities[/button] for your holiday planning! SKI REPORT UPDATES 5 Open Chair Lifts
- 1, 4, 5 & 6 are open for the season
- Middle and Lower Misty Maiden
- Beginner, Adult and New Meadows Learning Center Carpet
- Lift 7 is open for mountain access only (no public downloading)
- Ski access from the Gondola Mid-Station
Early January Terrain Expansion
- Ski Access to Telluride (via Telluride Trail to Lookout to Bailout to Telluride Trail)- snowmaking is in progress, anticipated opening January 1.
- Lifts 8 and 9 to open
Watch for additional terrain to open after the holidays. Keep up to date on terrain information at Telluride Ski Resort Snow Report and by following the town on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Ski Valet Locations
- Ski Valet at the base of Chair 4 is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Ski Valet at The Peaks Resort is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
SKIER SERVICES, LIFT TICKETS & SEASON PASS OFFICE HOURS All locations are open 7 days a week with normal winter hours:
- Mountain Village: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Coonskin: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oak Street: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Big Billies: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Telluride Ski & Snowboard is offering all winter products and services. Call [phone]970.728.7414[/phone] for information.
HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES & EVENTS Spend the holidays with us, and take in what Mountain Village has to offer during the holidays! With a variety of winter activities and events the Town of Mountain Village will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
- Activities include: Ice Skating, Skiing & Snowboarding, and our free Frozen Fun Pond.
- Free Sledding: Wednesdays, December 27 & January 3, 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Base of Chair 4, sleds will be provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult. All participants must sign a waiver.
- Upcoming Event highlights include:
For additional information on Telluride and Mountain Village events from December 30 to January 6 visit: Visit Telluride Holiday Events. MOUNTAIN VILLAGE DINING All restaurants in Mountain Village are open for the winter including:
- Altezza, Bean Café, Black Iron Kitchen, Crazy Elk Pizza, La Piazza & La Pizzeria, M Club, Poacher’s Pub, Scratch, Siam’s Talay, Starbucks, Telluride Coffee Company, Tomboy Tavern, Tracks Café, Village Table, and The View. View all dining options in Mountain Village and Telluride.
- Allred’s, Alpino Vino, Gorrono Ranch, Bon Vivant, Giuseppe’s, and Big Billies are open with normal winter hours.
- High Camp will open when the Prospect Bowl terrain opens.
TRANSPORTATION BETWEEN TOWN OF TELLURIDE & TOWN OF MOUNTAIN VILLAGE
- Taking the Gondola To support increased ridership capacity, you may notice some of the new gondola cabins on the line running between Mountain Village and Telluride. Nine new cabins have been added to increase capacity on the Telluride—Mountain Village Gondola by 16% for this winter. Another major upgrade already on-line is a dual-fuel generator system that’s located at the St. Sophia station that will allow the gondola to run at full speed in the event of a power outage.
- Gondola Hours: 6:30 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday with extended hours until 2 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and New Year's Eve.
- Additional bus shuttles will run as needed between 3 to 5 p.m. from Blue Mesa to Town of Telluride with 4 stops in Telluride: Shandoka, Oak St., Gondola Station, Post Office and Courthouse.
Dial-a-Ride Service (Mountain Village Only) Leave your car at home - Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association (TMVOA) encourages members and their guests to sit back, relax, and let this service drive you to where you want to go. This TMVOA member benefit allows for ground transportation anywhere in Mountain Village, and when combined with the gondola, you can travel locally without ever needing to drive your car. For quick and convenient access to or from the ski slopes or the village core, most members prefer these three locations:
- Blue Mesa - Located near Sunset Plaza and the top of lift 1. You can walk directly to the village core from here.
- Dakota Place - Located slope-side just above lift 4 along Lower Boomerang. You can ski directly to lift 4 or the village core from here.
- Town Hall - Located here is the market, town offices, and gondola terminal to the village core.
Dial-a-Ride Service Phone: [phone]970.728.8888[/phone]. Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday & open until 2:30 a.m. on Friday & Saturday. Through the busy holidays and new year, additional vehicles and personnel have been added to support quick service times and a positive experience for our members and their guests. CHILD CARE & NURSERY
- Telluride Ski Resort’s Nursery is offering all winter products and services. Call [phone]970.728.7531[/phone] for information.
- Eco Adventures is offering all winter products and services. Call [phone]970.728.7300[/phone] for information.
- The Telluride Adventures Center is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call [phone]970.728.7433[/phone] for information.
- The Inn at Lost Creek, The Peaks Resort & Spa, and Telluride Resort Lodging are all open for the season.
- New reservations can be booked over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling Telluride Resort Reservations [phone]855.517.2906[/phone].
- The Spa is open during normal winter hours, 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Call [phone]970.728.2590[/phone] for information.
- The Spa has added 15 extra family-friendly classes to the fitness schedule from December 22 to January 4. To view a full schedule of classes visit, www.thepeaskresort.com/fitness.
Please check back for more updates through the holiday season! Photo credit: Ryan Bonneau.