Title: Carrot and Cabbage Slaw Ingredients:
- 1 small head cabbage, shred
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, as needed for sweetness
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place shredded cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, garlic, oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, chili powder, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the lettuce mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and garnish with chopped parsley.