Hello neighbors, It’s been a busy and beautiful summer here in Mountain Village. Before we review last month’s meeting highlights, I would like to share two updates.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to communication and keeping you in the loop, Town Council will begin streaming Design Review Board (DRB) meetings starting October 5. Moving forward, all DRB meetings will be available to watch live online, and you will be able to watch past meetings on-demand.
- The town will be hosting a Meadows Improvement Plan Open House and Ice Cream Social on September 28 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Meadows Parking Lot. This is a great opportunity to learn more about proposed projects, share your feedback, and get to know your neighbors and town staff.
August 17 Meeting Highlights
- Town Council received an update on the Crown Castle Macro Tower Project and recent roadblocks to the project’s completion. Update: Telluride Ski Resort’s amended application will be reviewed by San Miguel County on September 27 and pending approval, DRB and Town Council will review the proposal in a special joint session meeting October 5.
- The owners of Lot 30, slated in the Comprehensive Plan as a potential flagship hotel site in the Village Center Subarea, proposed a Comprehensive Plan amendment as it relates to their lot. The proposed changes will be open for public review and comment as part of next steps.
- We discussed an intergovernmental agreement with San Miguel Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) that would fund the town’s interjurisdictional transportation. Once approved, the proposed funding to the town would be approximately $102,000 for 2018 services
- The following appointments to committees and projects were made:
- And finally, we adopted bylaws for the formation of the Green Team Committee. This board of Town Council members, town employees, residents, and local partners will advise Town Council on local environmental issues, information, and resources.
If you would like more specifics about any of these topics, you can review minutes from the meeting or review the meeting video at the town website.
September 21 Agenda Highlights
- Town Council will vote to appoint a new town council member to replace Paul Oupadia, who resigned earlier this month. After which we will make appointments to several committees and projects.
- The results of the recently completed employee salary and benefits comparison study will be reviewed. In addition, Council will review and discuss the preliminary draft 2018 budget.
- The intergovernmental agreement between the town and SMART, discussed with council at last month’s meeting, will be considered for approval.
- Town Council will consider a new fire mitigation incentive program that would reimburse homeowners the building permit fees related to replacing a cedar shake roof with an approved fire-resistant roof material.
- Representatives of Strong Start Strong Community Early Childcare Initiative will present an upcoming ballot measure to provide funding for improved early childhood care and education in San Miguel County. The ballot measure would be funded by a 0.75% property mill levy that would generate approximately $612,000 annually.
- The Regional Behavioral Health Commission will provide their first annual update and the Telluride Mountain Club will be presenting their 2017 Summer Trails Proposal Plan.
A full agenda has been posted on our website; we welcome your input by any means you are comfortable with and hope to see you at the meeting. Warm regards, Laila Benitez Mountain Village Mayor