Design Review Board
Design Review Board Duties
The Design Review Board (DRB) was established, pursuant to the Home Rule Charter and the Community Development Code (CDC), as our architectural review board and as the Planning and Zoning Advisory Board.
The DRB has the following duties under the CDC as they relate to the review of planning applications:
- Approval of certain Design Review Process applications.
- Approval of variations to certain Design Review Process applications.
- Approval of specific design elements per the Design Regulations.
- Recommendations to Town Council when reviewing applications for rezoning, PUDs, density transfers, subdivisions, conditional use permits, variances and annexations.
- Conduct conceptual worksessions.
Design Review Board Members
Seven DRB members are appointed by Town Council to two-year alternating terms. Council strives to select individuals with varying professional and civic backgrounds who represent a cross-section of the community (e.g. architects, residents, merchants, hoteliers/property managers, landscape architects, civil engineers and contractors). In addition, Council prefers to have at least three members who are Mountain Village residents or property owners, residency is not a requirement for appointment.
To have an email forwarded to the DRB, please address your email
Upcoming Design Review Board Meetings
Design Review Board meets the first Thursday of most months beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Town Hall.
March 7th 2024See Details about Design Review Board Meeting March 2024
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
April 4th 2024See Details about Design Review Board Meeting April 2024
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
May 2nd 2024See Details about Design Review Board Meeting May 2024
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
In an effort to enfranchise members of the public, you may watch all current Design Review Board meetings through the accordion links below.