License Application Or Renewal
To lawfully conduct business in Mountain Village or advertise your lodging accommodation, you must first obtain a business license from us by registering on MUNIRevs. Once your application has been completed in MUNIRevs and it is approved, you will receive a notification from MUNIRevs to login and pay for your license. All payments must be submitted electronically through MUNIRevs with the option to pay by ACH Debit, MasterCard or Visa. Once payment has been submitted, you can print your license from MUNIRevs, which must be on display at your place of business and/or worksite at all times. If you intend to conduct business with us in which payment is required by the town, you will also need to complete our new vendor form.
- Type https://mountainvillage.munirevs.com into your URL address bar.
- At the Town of Mountain Village welcome page, select “Register.”
- Enter the email address of the account user to authenticate your account.
- Follow the secure link that has been sent to your email address.
- Enter your password and complete the user profile.
- On the Business Profile, select “Add a New Business” or “I already have a Business License.”
- Enter your business license number, if applicable. IMPORTANT: All Mountain Village business license numbers are six digits long, and some may include leading zeroes. For example, if your license number is 100, you must enter “000100” in the system to be properly authenticated.
- You will also need a six-digit verification number, provided by MuniRevs when your license was assigned. If you do not have this information, please contact MuniRevs support at (888) 751-1911.
Once this information is provided, you will then be linked to your Business Center. To renew your license, once you’ve created your account login, you will see a link to renew your license” under the payments due section of the action center in MuniRevs. Once you have submitted your renewal application, we will electronically review and approve your license. After approved, you will receive a notification to login and pay for and print your license.
- All entities and persons conducting business in the town limits.
- A separate license for each place of business is required.
- Those entities and persons without a Mountain Village physical address which are conducting business in Mountain Village (i.e. building, housekeeping, landscaping, painting) or performing services on a contractual basis.
- Anyone who advertises their home for purposes of short-term accommodations whether or not the home is actually rented.
- Any persons exempt under federal or state law
- Charitable organizations
- Churches or established religious organizations
- Employees of a licensee
- Nonprofit organizations
Business License Fee Schedule
Our business license fee schedule varies according to the type of business and/or the number of employees. A separate license for each place of business or rental unit is required. Licenses are valid through December 31 of the year it is issued. Fees are due 15 days after the application date, or for renewals on or before January 1, renewable annually or in two installments due on or before January 1 and July 1. If you opt for the semiannual payment schedule, you will be assessed an administrative fee of 10 percent of the amount of the total business license fee. The business license fee is pro-rated half if a business begins operating after September 30. If the business is sold or goes out of business, the license will be terminated. If the business is sold, the new owner must obtain a new license.
Proceeds derived from business license fees are used first for reasonable costs incurred in connection with the administration of the Business License Program Ordinance, 6 percent. The remaining balance is devoted to and specifically earmarked for Marketing Telluride, Inc. to promote tourism in Mountain Village and Telluride.
Business License Display
Your business license must be displayed at all times in a prominent place at the licensed premise. This law is also applicable to general contractors and their subcontractors. We recommend you review our Business License Program Ordinance so you fully understand what is required for business license display.
Noncompliance Business Licensee
Violation of our Business License Program Ordinance may result in several penalties.
- The penalty assessment for failure to comply with any provision of our Business License Program Ordinance is a fine of two percent per day of the business license fee of the non-complying business for each day of noncompliance from the date the fee is determined to have been due through the date of payment.
- We may issue a summons and complaint 60 days after the business license fee is due, charging a person with failure to comply. In addition to the penalty assessment, a violation of any part of the ordinance is punishable for each day of violation by a minimum fine of $500 up to a maximum fine of $1,000, 90 days in jail, or both.
- We may seek an injunction to restrain any person from engaging in business within the town who does not obtain an annual business license or has had their license revoked or suspended.