VCA Resident Committee Composition
- Five VCA residents
- One staff person – A VCA administrator – Luke Adamson, Property Manager - Will not be a voting member
- One Town Council Member - Will not be a voting member
Form of Organization and Recommendations
The VCA Resident Committee will not be a decision-making body. Rather it will be a recommending committee that will provide recommendations to VCA management regarding maintaining and improving the living conditions at VCA. Recommendations will be made by a majority of the appointed committee including the staff member facilitator by motion and vote.
- Meetings would be held on a bi-monthly basis unless determined otherwise by the committee.
- Agendas will be produced by staff and posted 48 hours prior to meetings.
- The meetings are recorded on a hand-held recorder
- The staff person facilitates the meeting.
- The committee may decide internally whether to elect a chairperson who would then work with the staff person to set agendas each month (or bi-monthly).
- Action minutes will be kept in accordance with the Town’s records retention requirements,
VCA Resident Committee responsibilities
Given that the VCA work plan and budget is established by Town Council each year, the VCA resident committee responsibilities could include the following items:
- Make recommendations on desired priorities within the budget and workplan year to year
- Make recommendations regarding project priorities
- Express ideas and concerns
- Discuss day to day observations and or suggested improvements
- Discuss and make recommendations regarding the communication of information between residents and staff
- Volunteer outside of the VCA workplan (help plan VCA community events, lead VCA clean-up day, provide resident outreach, provide community-building activities, compile VCA resident satisfaction survey questions (on the 2020 work plan))
- To establish a monthly agenda (can be changed to bi-monthly as needed).
- To facilitate the meeting and support the chairperson (if elected)
- To consolidate resident concerns and ideas
- To provide updates to the VCA resident committee on special projects
- To implement recommended improvements, priorities or changes
- Take or delegate action minutes
Meetings held at Town Hall in the Town Council Chambers
Resident Committee Meeting Limitations
- Staff will strive to maintain broad resident confidentiality and will not disclose private or confidential information regarding residents on any matter, except in a case where information is already of public record.
- VCA resident committee meetings are not the appropriate forum for resident complaints against other residents. Complaints are managed by the VCA administrative office staff. The VCA resident committee is not able to arbitrate complaints between residents.
- Resident Committee meetings will be open to the public and advertised.
- In addition to Resident Committee meetings, broader bi-annual VCA resident meetings will be held twice a year, and held in the Town Council chambers at Town Hall. The resident committee would help facilitate the broader VCA resident meeting.
- The resident committee is also not an arbiter of town staff personnel issues. Personnel matters are handled internally. Concerns or complaints about staff will be directed to focus on matters of safety, civility, expectations and results. The VCA resident committee does not make recommendations regarding staffing matters, except in the case where there are observations of too much or too little and whether staffing is meeting the expectations of comfort and safety.
The VCA resident committee progress and input will be reported twice yearly to Town Council. The VCA resident committee along with VCA staff will facilitate a bi-yearly open VCA resident meeting. The resident committee will spearhead the resident survey and report back on the results.
Committee Meeting Zoom Recordings
January 12, 2021 Committee Meeting
April 21, 2021 Committee Meeting