Child Care & Preschool
Established in 1996, Mountain Munchkins is a licensed infant, toddler and preschool child care center located at Village Court Apartments. As a year-round program, we primarily provide child care services to families who work in the Mountain Village and Telluride region.
Mountain Munchkins is owned, operated and subsidized by the Town of Mountain Village, and supported by grant-funding organizations like the Telluride Foundation, Just For Kids Foundation, CCAASE, Strong Start Strong Community and Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation.
For more information about our facility or enrollment, please contact Chambers by email or (970) 369-6428.
As a Munchkins parent, we ask that you keep our contact details in your phone, bookmark this page and refer to it anytime you need access to the latest in Mountain Munchkins applications, documents and forms.
- Operates from 8 a.m. to 5: p.m. Monday through Thursday, and observes most national holidays.
- We accept children ages 2 months to 3 years for the infant and toddler program; three years until kindergarten for the preschool program.
- Teacher to student ratio is: one caregiver to three infants; one caregiver to five toddlers; and one teacher to eight preschool students.
- Half-day childcare is not offered.
- $100 enrollment fee, and $80 re-enrollment fee every year thereafter.
- Tuition rate structure varies.
- Financial assistance offered based on income level and other factors.
It is our mission at Mountain Munchkins to provide affordable, high-quality child care and preschool to families who live and work in the Telluride and Mountain Village region. Our program offers the highest quality experience by providing consistent, developmentally sound, and emotionally supportive environments for our children to learn and grow. Munchkins also provides a friendly, informative environment for parents and families.
Research shows that one in five kids is not ready for kindergarten. Research of high-quality early childhood education programs confirms lasting positive effects such as greater school success and higher graduation rates. At Mountain Munchkins, we recognize that children are unique and learn at different rates and in different ways, so we provide a diverse, child-centered curriculum with plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning and exploration.