Community Grant Program
Mountain Village accepts applications from local organizations seeking funding for programs, projects and/or services that support and promote community services in Mountain Village such as health and human services, education, athletics, arts and culture, early childhood or environmental stewardship.
The 2023 Mountain Village Community Grant Program is open Friday, August 5 through 5 p.m. Friday, September 2.
The Town of Mountain Village Community Grant Program is designed to support projects and programs that meet the needs and desires of our residential and business communities. This program was developed to provide funding fairly, equitably and consistently by adopting a clear and comprehensive policy.
Community grants are our sustained effort to provide support to local organizations, addressing community issues consistent with our mission. According to our Grant Committee bylaws:
- The Intent of the Mountain Village Community Grant Program (“Grant Program”) shall be to support those projects, programs and community services of non-profit organizations, which serve the residential and business communities within the Town of Mountain Village and that help to support a strong and robust Mountain Village community.
So whether it’s art, education, health, safety net groups or athletics, we deliver grants to the organizations that need it most. And we provide you the opportunity to be a part of it.
The Town of Mountain Village accepts applications from organizations seeking funding for programs, projects and/or services that support and promote:
Significant, measurable, and direct services to Mountain Village residents or businesses and/or have a substantive impact on the Mountain Village community, guests, businesses, and/or their employees.
Community Services (i.e. health and human services, education, early childhood, athletics, arts and culture, or environmental stewardship.), which support year-round economic vitality in Mountain Village.
The overall intent of this program is to fund services and programs not offered through our municipality. Mountain Village takes every opportunity to collaborate with local organizations to advance our goals and recognizes the role of regional organizations in advancing the above-stated priorities.
Please note the following funding exclusions:
- The proposed program or project has been approved for a TMVOA grant in the past or current year.
- The proposed program funds capital campaigns (defined as any plans to raise funds for a significant purchase or expense, such as new construction, major renovations, or to help fund normal budgetary items) endowments, events (one-time or ongoing) or festivals.
- Programs, activities, employment opportunities, and other operations of the applicant funded totally or partially by the Town of Mountain Village may not advocate or advance a political or religious position.
- Applicant may not use funding to provide grant funding to other organizations.
- All funds awarded through the Community Grant Program are to remain local and are not to be used to fund national organizations (i.e. dues, etc.).
To learn more, please review the Grant Guidelines and Committee Bylaws below. The Telluride Foundation helps facilitate our grant processing.
The Mountain Village Grant Committee shall be active as long as the Grant Program shall exist. The term of each Committee member is two years for town council members and members of the community,
Town Council Member
Term expires: June 2023
Term expires: June 2023
Susan Johnston, CMC