Throughout the winter season, we maintain our main roadways and residential streets in a timely manner during and following every snowstorm. To make this process as efficient as possible, you are asked to follow our snow removal policies.
Snow Removal Policies
- You are responsible for removing snow off your driveway. Snow from private driveways must be stored on private property or in a snow storage area off the roadway. If the snow storage area is full, it is still your responsibility to keep the snow off the roadway.
You are responsible for the actions of your snow removal contractors. You should be aware of who your contractor is and if they are familiar with our snow removal policies and practices. All snow removal contractors are required to obtain a business license with us prior to conducting business in Mountain Village. If they have, they will be listed in our online business directory.
Snow removal equipment operators have the right of way. Always use caution when driving behind or around snow removal equipment. Follow well behind with your headlights on, staying clear of flying snow and sanding materials. When approaching from the front, slow down and stay well over in your lane.
For Meadows neighborhood residents, during the winter months, we conduct routine snow removal in the Meadows Run Parking lot. Every Monday, between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. the north side of the lot is closed for snow removal and every Thursday, between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m., the south side of the lot is closed, unless signs denote the contrary.
Snow Removal Operations
Removing snow from the streets is prioritized according to traffic volumes and public safety requirements (i.e. public transportation and emergency vehicle routes). Therefore, when it snows our road crew will first focus on the main arterials and then move as quickly as possible to the secondary roads.
Main Arterial Roads
- Adams Ranch Road
- Benchmark Drive
- Double Eagle Drive to Mountain Village Boulevard
- Mountain Village Boulevard
- San Joaquin Road
- Roads off Benchmark Drive
- Roads off San Joaquin Road
- Roads in the lower areas of town
Snow removal operations begin daily at 5:30 a.m. and continue until 1 a.m. We make every effort possible to minimize the clean-up work conducted in residential areas and in Mountain Village Center late at night so as not to disturb you, however, it is occasionally necessary. Our road crew initiates its snow and ice control operations during normal hours when any of the following conditions occur:
- Snow accumulation reaches one-to-two inches or more.
- Icy conditions affect travel.
- Deteriorating weather conditions could affect travel.
- Road conditions could deteriorate due to high traffic volume.
For further details, review our Snow Removal Policies and Practices.