Worth the Distance Traveled
Traveling to Mountain Village takes a bit of planning, but it's worth the journey. Located along the scenic San Juan Skyway, Mountain Village is 7 miles away from historic Telluride along Highway 145.
Whether you’re flying into the region or venturing on a road trip, traveling to our neck of the woods offers a unique journey marked with unmatched scenery, heritage and charm.
Mountain Village sits along the scenic San Juan Skyway, a 233-mile loop that connects a variety of iconic attractions between Cortez, Durango, Silverton and Ouray.
Nearby airports include:
- The Telluride/Montrose Regional (MTJ) is a scenic 65 miles away and is the main airport for the Mountain Village/Telluride. With service by US Airways/American, Delta, United and Allegiant, Montrose Airport is easy to navigate and is only an hour and a half from Telluride.
- Telluride Regional Airport (TEX) is a general aviation airport with limited commercial service.
- Cortez Municipal Airport (CEZ) is 75 miles to the south of with direct flights from Denver.
- Durango/La Plata County Airport (DRO) is 128 miles from Telluride (2.5 hours) with daily flights from Denver, Salt Lake City and Phoenix.
- Grand Junction-Walker Field Airport (GJT) is 133 miles (2.5 hours) away from Telluride with daily flights to Denver, Salt Lake City, Dallas and Phoenix.
Please visit the Telluride Tourism Board's website for more information about flying to the region.