Our rich mining heritage left a legacy of intertwined jeep roads, providing access to some of the area’s highest mountain passes. Travel to Telluride's high country to view beautiful mountain vistas, alpine lakes, waterfalls, wildflowers, ghost towns and mining ruins. From moderate overpasses to extreme roads, there is nothing like a 4x4 adventure ride on some of Colorado's most breathtaking mountain roads! Tour Imogene Pass, one of the most popular mountain passes, connecting Telluride to Ouray or explore one of the many other off-road routes such as Bridal Veil Falls, Last Dollar Road, Ophir Pass, Alta Lakes or Black Bear Pass (one way East to West, advanced drivers only). Choose from a full-service guided adventure or rent a 4x4 vehicle for a self-guided trip. Mountain driving experience is highly recommended for all visitors venturing out on their own.
Telluride Outfitters and Diff Auto Rentals rent jeeps. Be aware of runners, hikers, and mountain bikers while driving. Before you embark on a 4 x4 adventure, please check the status of mountain passes.
- Bridal Veil Falls (4.2 miles one-way to top of falls)
- Alta Lakes (5 miles one way)
- Black Bear Pass (3.6 miles one way from Red Mountain Pass to Bridal Veil Intersection)
- Illium Road/Ames (6 miles one way)
- Ophir Pass (6 miles one way from Hwy-145 to top of the pass)
- Tomboy Road, Town of Tomboy & Imogene Pass (5 miles to the ghost town of Tomboy)
4 x 4 outfitters and tours
Telluride Outfitters offers year-round guided adventures.
Colorado 145 Jeep Rentals is locally owned and operated, we want every experience to be exceptional.
Mountain Adventure Equipment is your one stop shop for all summer rental gear needs.