The Town of Mountain Village was incorporated in accordance with a voter mandate as a Home Rule Municipality in March of 1995. Town Council, through this charter and the enactment of ordinances, exercises all expressed or implied legislative powers granted to home rule municipalities by Article XX of the Colorado Constitution, which
- allows for the most workable and democratic form of town government, and
- employs the principals of self-government and fair voter representation.
The Charter was designed with the flexibility to deal with issues of growth, development and environmental awareness. It also provides measures to
- encourage the recreational nature of our town,
- protect the beauty of our natural surroundings, and
- safeguard your lifestyle.