As a municipality our revenue streams vary from the typical (think parking tickets) to the not-so-typical (enterprises such as Mountain Munchkins Child Care). Following is a more complete list of our revenue streams in no particular order.
- Business License Fees (Proceeds from business license fees are distributed to Marketing Telluride, Inc. for regional and national marketing efforts, with a portion retained by us for administrative costs.)
- Liquor License Fees
- Parking Tickets & Traffic Fines
- Planning & Development Services Department Fee Schedule
- Community Engagement Fee Schedule
- Mountain Munchkins Child Care
- Village Court Apartments
- Cable Fees
- Water & Sewer Fees
Sales Tax Income
Sales tax income is a significant source of funding used to pay for community-wide services. We hope that you chose to dine, lodge and shop locally … the more you do, the better we may serve you. All sales in Mountain Village are accessed with an 8.65 percent sales tax, of which
Above that, we collect a two percent restaurant tax and a four percent lodging tax, of which
- 50 percent of the lodging tax we collect goes to Marketing Telluride, Inc.
- 50 percent of the lodging tax we collect goes to Colorado Flights Alliance for its Airline Guarantee Program
- 100 percent of the restaurant tax we collect goes to Colorado Flights Alliance for its Airline Guarantee Program
- Less two percent administrative fee of the remittance
To see how we fare in terms of tax collection – current and historical – review the document Sales, Lodging and Restaurant Tax Collections.