We Are A Pet-Friendly Town … With Some Rules
To maintain the public’s safety we need all dog owners to follow some fairly simple laws. Here they are.
- All dogs living in the Town of Mountain Village must have current rabies vaccination and license. Licenses may be obtained at the Mountain Village Police Department and are valid for the calendar year.
- The cost is $7.50 for altered pets and $15 for unaltered pets.
- Please bring a current rabies vaccination certificate.
Leash & Other Animal Laws
- Dogs must be on a leash in Mountain Village Center and within demonstrable voice control in all other areas of town.
- Dogs may not be left in vehicles at any parking area or construction site (exceptions are Town Hall Plaza and Village Center South Parking lots).
- It is unlawful to allow your dogs to harass wildlife.
- Pick up after your animal – every time. If you don’t, you may be fined anywhere from $50 to $300.