Enrollment is now open for Mountain Munchkins preschool (age group 2 years, 8 months to 5 years) program. Please contact Dawn Katz for information and a tour of the facilities. For more information contact Dawn by email or (970) 369-6428Mountain Munchkins are now enrolling for their August Preschool program (Ages 3-5). Contact Dawn by email or (970) 369-6428
Established in 1996, Mountain Munchkins is a licensed infant, toddler and preschool center located at Village Court Apartments in Mountain Village. As a year-round program, we primarily provide child care service to families who work in the Mountain Village and Telluride region.
We are owned, operated and subsidized by the Town of Mountain Village, and supported by grant-funding organizations like the Telluride Foundation, Just For Kids Foundation, CCAASE, Bright Futures and Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation.
As a Munchkins parent, we ask that you keep our contact details in your phone, bookmark this page, and refer to it anytime you need access to the latest in Mountain Munchkins applications, documents and forms.
- Operates from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, and observes most national holidays.
- Ages accepted are from two months to three years for the infant and toddler program; three years until kindergarten for the preschool program.
- Ratio is 1 caregiver:3 infants; 1 caregiver:5 toddlers; and 1 teacher:8 students.
- Half-day child care is not offered.
- $100 enrollment fee, and $60 re-enrollment fee every year thereafter.
- Tuition rate structure varies.
- Financial assistance offered based on income level and other factors.
It is our mission at Mountain Munchkins to provide affordable, high quality child care and preschool to families who live and work in the Telluride and Mountain Village region. Our program offers the highest quality experience by providing consistent, developmentally sound, and emotionally supportive environments for our children to learn and grow. Munchkins also provides an inviting, friendly, informative environment for parents and families.
Research shows that one in five kids is not ready for kindergarten. Research of high quality early childhood education programs confirms lasting positive effects such as greater school success and higher graduation rates. At Mountain Munchkins, we recognize that children are unique and learn at different rates and in different ways, so we provide a diverse, child-centered curriculum with plenty of opportunity for hands-on learning and exploration.
Family Date Night!
Family Date Night is a fundraiser held in December for the Munchkins Scholarship and Enrichment Program at the Telluride Conference Center. The night includes family fun activities, food, movies and a silent auction! Take a look at last years event for Polar Express and check back in the winter season for updates. We will see you in December!
- General Health Appraisal Form
- Infant and Toddler Parent Handbook
- Infant and Toddler Parent Handbook Spanish
- Infant and Toddler Special Care
- Infant and Toddler Daily Parent Checklist
- Toddler Parent Pointers
- Preschool Parent Handbook
- Preschool Parent Handbook Spanish
- Preschool Enrollment Form
- Preschool Daily Schedule
- Preschool First Day Checklist
- Preschool Field Trip Permission Slip