Snow Removal Policies
Throughout the winter season we maintain our main roadways and residential streets in a timely manner during and following every snow storm. To make this process as efficient as possible, you are asked to follow our snow removal policies.
Snow Removal Operations
Removing snow from the streets is prioritized according to traffic volumes and public safety requirements (i.e. public transportation and emergency vehicle routes). Therefore, when it snows our road crew will first focus on the main arterials and then move as quickly as possible to the secondary roads.
- Adams Ranch Road
- Benchmark Drive
- Double Eagle Drive to Mountain Village Boulevard
- Mountain Village Boulevard
- San Joaquin Road
- Roads off Benchmark Drive
- Roads off San Joaquin Road
- Roads in the lower areas of town
Snow removal operations begin daily at 5:30 a.m. and continue until 1 a.m. We make every effort possible to minimize the clean-up work conducted in residential areas and in Mountain Village Center late at night so as not to disturb you, however it is occasionally necessary. Our road crew initiates its snow and ice control operations during normal hours when any of the following conditions occur.
- Snow accumulation reaches one-to-two inches or more
- Icy conditions affect travel
- Deteriorating weather conditions could affect travel
- Road conditions could deteriorate due to high traffic volume
For further details, review our Snow Removal Policies and Practices.