Kim Montgomery – Mountain Village Town Manager
The Town of Mountain Village operates under a Mayor-Council form of government. The Town Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Mayor with the consent of the Town Council. It is the responsibility of the Town Manager’s office to ensure the public receives excellent customer service by providing guidance and support to all Town departments, and by assisting Town Council in defining and meeting their collective goals.
Kim Montgomery was hired as Town Manager in 2011 after moving up through the organization over the course of seven years, most recently serving as the Assistant Town Manager. Kim’s responsibilities include complete oversight of all Town Council policy decisions; supervision and direction of Town operations; organizational culture and employee mentorship and the delivery of municipal services for the residents and visitors to Mountain Village. Directly, Kim oversees the following departments:
- Administrative Services/Town Clerk: Child Development, Human Resources, Telluride Conference Center
- Planning and Development Services: Building Inspection, Housing/Village Court Apartments, Planning and Zoning
- Legal Services
- Marketing and Business Development
- Public Safety: Police, Municipal Court and Community Services
- Public Works: Road & Bridge, Vehicle Maintenance, Water & Sewer, Building and Facility Maintenance, Plaza Services
- Information Technology/Broadband/Cable
- Transportation/ Parks & Recreation: Bus Service, Gondola, Parking, Commuter Shuttle
Kim moved to Telluride in 1987 and began working for the ski resort, eventually becoming the Corporate Secretary and working directly with the owners of the resort. In 2004 Kim began her career working for the Town of Mountain Village.